Day Two-
Tom woke up at 6:30am and dragged Harper on a LONG run around the lake for an hour. When they returned I woke up and we ate at the Weathervane Cafe. Eggs were 65 cents each. Coffee was 65 cents. Our total for a gigantic and delicious meal was $8. It was incredible.
From there we started our trek on I-80. We drove through Iowa. Then Nebraska. Lots and lots and lots of corn fields. Finally we made it to Colorado. Still cornfields, but not as flat. We got Subway (again) and I drove the final stretch into Westminster to Jess' house.
It was probably almost 90 degrees and sunny. Jess wasn't home yet so we walked across the street to a school field. We fetched Harper and suntanned. I think I must have laid down because my sunglasses disappeared. I'm guessing they are in that field somewhere.
Jess returned, we picked the dogs up from doggy daycare and picked up food to grill. We grilled (and by we I mean Tom) burgers and corn and had a feast while all 5 (yes 5) dogs wandered around the house shedding! I drank half of a weak drink and was immediately tired/drunk. So I headed to sleep quite early.
No comments:
Post a Comment