It was a quick and easy drive south and over the Ballard Bridge. I missed the turn off, but I made my way anyway. I went up some hills and down some hills. I found the park without a hitch despite my wrong turn along the way.
Alicia looked great. Just as good if not better than at 18 when I met her. We walked with Harper down to the beach area. It says NO DOGS ALLOWED on beaches, but there weren't many people - and no cop looking people, so we let him on. He swam a bit and dug in the sand and explored and we gossiped and caught up. It was a hike up stairs back to the top, but we made it. Slightly sweaty, but alive. It was really nice to catch up and fill each other in on the many years since Wes.
I checked out Tom's office on my way home. It's got a nice conference type room and three nice offices. Bathroom down the hall. Very simple and cool views of the water. Great location in Ballard. It will be hard for him to take lunches to work with all of those places to eat! The traffic gets super busy down there though. Jeese!
And now I'm safely back home and ready to make some halibut meuniere for dinner. Then we head out to check out houses for sale. Full day before heading to work tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment