Monday, January 18, 2010

Whitefish with veggies

For this recipe it calls for cod, but I have used sole and it was tasty that way too.

First chop up a green pepper nice and small. Then slice some tomatoes and the recipe calls for chopped onion but I was out so I used scallions. I don't think it was any different.

In a separate bowl add about 1/2 a cup of breadcrumbs (this time I used Panko flakes and they were great)Panko Bread Crumbs Japanese Style. To the breadcrumbs add a few sprinkles of olive oil. Either add some chopped fresh basil or some dried basil to the mixture and stir it around.

Place the fish on a greased (just in case it sticks) baking pan. Put the tomato slices on top and then the green peppers. Add the breadcrumb mixture and then the onions or scallions. Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes. It all depends on the thickness of your fish fillets, so if they are thin they might need a little less time. If they are super thick they might need more.



I like to squeeze lemon juice over it all when it comes out of the oven and I'd serve it with rice or cous-cous. We ate it with Israeli cous-cous  (my first time making it) and I was not super excited with it because it was so pasta-like. I think this one goes better with regular cous-cous!

2 comments:

  1. No NO NO. You gotta make the couscous with more stuff mixed into it.

    Try the Neareast box with recipe on the back. I think it calls for raisins or something?
    DE-LISH.

    http://www.neareast.com/#products/pearledcouscousgarlic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I will no longer make Israeli cous-cous as a rice replacement. I will start making it with lots of "stuff" in it. Back to regular cous-cous for a side course for me!

    ReplyDelete