Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall is here

We had a beautiful weekend, and I think it might be the last bit of sunshine and warmth we see for quite a bit.
It was in the 60's and sunny and just wonderful.

We went for an awesome hike (ok I'm not sure if I thought it was awesome at the time....I mostly just complained about how I hated going straight UP the whole time. I might have even said that I like jogging more than this hike - and for those that know me, that is saying a LOT.) We ate smoked salmon, amazing goat cheese, drank wine, and had homemade cookies. It was a gourmet hike.

After the hike we headed to Columbia City and ate amazing chicken teriyaki at Bob's house. We also picked some of his and Aileen's sungold tomatoes (yum).

Sunday we saw a bunch of somewhat gross apartments for rent. Then we went to an open house of a house for sale and fell in love. We seriously considered putting an offer in, but then after lots of talking, decided that we will rent. We are crossing our fingers that the house we like with the wood burning stove will be rented to US and not someone else. If it's gone we have to start from scratch again, because we didn't see anything else that was just quite right enough for us.

Oh wait, and on Sunday we had amazing sourdough bread from Le Panier near Pike Place Market. DELISH!!!

And on a random note...did anyone see that Gourmet Magazine is going to stop being printed!! WOW and I've only just begun feeling comfortable making things from it. Darn!

3 comments:

  1. You're cooking recipes from GOURMET magazine? Don't you mean Bon Appetit? I never could make anything from Gourmet - all the recipes were long and involved and I never had the ingredients on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I must say that I think I have made ONE recipe from Gourmet...and yes I am way more interested in Bon Appetit. But still...it just seems sad that it will be gone. What will Ruth however you spell her last name do with her time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi hi hi. i just read a super easy read for work that is about morale, energy, etc. at the workplace inspired by the Pike Place Market....please add that market to my tourist list of "to-do's" when i eventually make my way out to visit you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete