Snowy Chicago we are here!
We arrived on an easy flight. It kept seeming like we were going to be delayed but we were not. Thanks to Sara and her email coupon that she mailed me we parked at Sea-Tac with one day for free. We took an easy shuttle to the terminal and bing bang boom we were on the plane. We thought briefly about the offer of giving up our seats for a night in a hotel and a first-class flight the next day, however with weather coming we didn't take the offer. I took two dramamine (for the first time) and was asleep before the flight took off. It was incredible! We landed in snowy Chicago and were picked up quickly in the new Jetta Sportwagen (yes wagen not wagon...Germans!). Tom drove it was quite a smooth and powerful drive. Not to mention the 40 mpg we were getting.
We ate some cheese and Tom went to play floor hockey on ice. Not ice hockey. You wear sneakers but you play with plastic hockey sticks like it is floor hockey. This is year two of it and it is quite amusing to watch. I did not watch because I was still half comotose from the dramamine. Eventually I took myself to sleep and snuggled briefly with Poppy (who is not supposed to be on a bed).
Today we slept LATE. I miss Harper but sleeping until 10:30am is unbelievable. We then went out to breakfast at M Henry - a fantastic breakfast place on Clark. Liane and I shared the special raspberry/rhubarb with vanilla mascerpone french toast. It was delish. Tom's special fried egg sandwich with bacon and blue cheese did look awesome though. Tom and I did some secret Christmas shopping and then we resumed our eating of cheese. Ashley took the train up for dinner and we ate some yummy pork tenderloin (yes I dipped mine in A-1). After dinner we went up to Jess' closet to see what we could find. Wonderfully enough I found an early version of the Snuggie or Slanket (or skanket I like to call it). It is BRIGHT RED and from Lands End and since I have put it on I have not taken it off. I do have to shuffle a bit to walk normally, but let me tell you - this is the most amazing Oompa-Loompa outfit I have ever worn. I am cozy and warm and while my butt might sag to the ground, and I might look like a munchkin who just turned 4 years old, I am HAPPY in this thing. When I feel comfortable enough I will post a picture.
And that is my update. We have not decorated cookies yet, but I am not feeling my normal cookie decorating vigor. I am sore and achey and still sick from Thanksgiving. I don't know what is wrong with me other than what the ENT doctor said which was, "Your nose is incredibly swollen." I am now squirting salt water up my nose and it is NOT pleasant. I am hoping it will one day make my sore throats go away, but I am not really that hopeful.
In other random news I am also trying to win $500 from a Chicago based t-shirt website by submitting slogans. So far I have "Slankets are Skanky" and "Java for Jews". I think maybe "Jews for Java" would have made more sense. Oh wait and "Dogs are for kissing." Any ideas???
Happy Holidays!
I like Dogs are for kissing!!
ReplyDeleteThe snuggie was the #1 gift of 2009 - I think you should give it a run for its money with the slanket...AND you should post a picture of you in it.
ReplyDeleteAlso, post pictures of these delicious recipes you write up - aka the carbonara one.
thanks.
ha! :)
There is a recipe for the carbonara one you silly. Or do you want the official recipe? I supopse you'd just have to read the recipe and then figure out the ingredients from there. I will email you!
ReplyDelete